Online learning is a young concept. It’s pretty handy: you only need a computer with an internet connection and you can learn.
However, learning is more than just watching a movie. For instance, it is quite hard to pay attention to the screen without doing anything else. A computer can easily distract you: Facebook, emails, notifications, chats etc.
That’s why we want to give a few tips to help you follow these trainings in an efficient way.
If you decide to learn online, it’s not a bad idea to disable your notifications for chat, email etc. That way, you remain concentrated on the modules and you are not led away to other apps.
- “Do not disturb” in MacOS (Apple Support)
- Turn Focus assist on or off in Windows 10 (Microsoft Support)
Find a Private Place§
If you’re just working at your desk, not all colleagues will realise that you are in fact following a training.
- Book some time in your calendar to follow the training, an hour a day may be enough.
- Do you work in an open-plan office with many colleagues? Book a meeting room to follow the training without being disturbed.
Learn in Short Sprints§
We try to keep our modules short: no longer than twenty minutes. Nobody can watch a screen and process information for an hour.
- Don’t watch ten modules in a row. You will lose concentration and that may lead to frustration.
- Follow one or two modules and then do something completely different: check your emails, get a coffee, move around…
- Make sure that there is enough time between online learning sessions. That way, you give your brain the time to process the information.
Practise in Yesplan§
Our modules don’t contain a lot of simulations or exercises. We think you learn things by doing them.
- Have you just learnt how to create events? Then create some events in Yesplan!
- Follow modules with others and then practise together. You learn better and faster when you work together and help each other.
- Find elements in your own job that you can practise in Yesplan. Book events, create resources etc.
Ask your Account Manager or Yesplan administrator where to practise in Yesplan. They will tell you which events, event groups and periods are suitable for practice.
Use the Manual§
Every module contains a link to the manual where you can read through additional information.
- Do you have questions? Then you will probably find the answer in the manual.
- Use online learning to learn and the manual to find information. The manual often describes the steps to achieve a specific goal.